WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
FREE, ONLINE, TRAINING
- For individuals serving as coaches in any sport
- Certificate of completion
- Designed with intentional social-emotional learning components in partnership with National University’s Inspire program
- Access to the Coach-Mentor Training Resource Hub that includes supplemental resources that work with the training module
IN-PERSON, INTERACTIVE, TRAINING
- For youth-serving organizations to train up to 40 coaches at once
- Highly interactive and engaging two-hour training in a classroom setting
- Certificate of Completion for all coaches
- Access to the Coach-Mentor Training Resource Hub that includes additional resources to support your mentorship skills in coaching
- The U.S. Soccer Foundation Coach-Mentor team can work with you to customize the training as needed
- Training valued at $5,000 – grant in-kind opportunities available
The training also teaches coaches how to work effectively with youth in and from underserved communities and create a positive team culture that reflects the diversity of the youth they serve, which is critical when coaches work with young people of varying racial, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
ORGANIZATIONS WE'VE PARTNERED WITH
No! Coach-Mentor Training is for all coaches, especially those who are not part of Soccer for Success.
Coach-Mentor Training is a professional development opportunity for coaches of all sports to instill mentorship into their coaching practice. At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we call all coaches we train ‘coach-mentors.’ The Soccer for Success Coach-Mentor training is specific to that program. Coach-Mentor Training offerings are designed for coaches working in any type of soccer or other sport program.
No! Coach-Mentor Training is open to coaches of all different types of youth sports and levels (e.g. recreational, competitive, etc.).
You will not have to play soccer at training unless your organization specifically requests this add on. Coach-Mentor Training is highly interactive and engaging but does not require any physical activity.
The Blueprint Training is valued at $5,000 for up to 40 coaches. We have a limited number of in-kind grant opportunities available for organizations reaching underrepresented and underserved populations of coaches and youth. If you are interested in receiving an in-kind grant to host a Coach-Mentor Blueprint Training, please fill out the Coach-Mentor Training request form here.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is an affiliate of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership and an official Technical Assistance Provider of the National Mentoring Resource Center, a project of MENTOR and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.